Thursday, November 6, 2008

Kansas City Journals

Dinner Conversation - Said's first day of school



Strange Cargo - The Irony of Holloween Travel


Old Man Snores-a-lot

At any given moment, someone somewhere is complaining about where they live. For some their complaints stem from poor housing conditions, a lack of necessary food, a dead end job, or the poor city planning of their current residence. Last week at this time I was in Kansas City. Those who know me are all too familiar with my venomous rantings and nonsensical ravings about Fort Wayne's many problems - the city I currently reside in. Going to Kansas City put things quite drastically into perspective. Like Fort Wayne, Kansas City is a place struggling to find an identity amidst the urban sprawl and neglect that has for so long nibbled away at these city's very quaint central areas. Even when eating in a newly revitalized area of downtown, I couldn't help but feel the wafting resonence of despair.





However, the trip was not without some great moments Such as the bald man snoring in front of me on the plane, the insecure model being hit on by a business traveler, or the human eye that was being transported on to the plane. Just the journey....

2 comments:

Boy Blue said...

I freaking love that leaving Kansas city bit... reminds me a little of Star Wars though, not gonna lie.

:0D

Read my blog(s)!

saidsays said...

Kansas City definitely has more people around town...homeless people. A reminder that the only community we see, are those who can't afford a subculture.